Wednesday, July 13, 2011

poopless puppy

No seriously, my dog will not poop. I'm very concerned. It's been days. I know what you're thinking, that she's pooping in the house somewhere and I'm just not noticing it. But you're wrong. Because my dog is almost always with me. Seriously. She goes to work with me. She rides in the car with me when I run quick errands or go to pick up my best friend. Then she's at home with me. And when we're at home we are always in my room. (You see, I moved into my house a month earlier than my roommates, so I'm living with the previous tenants, for half a month. And we all just stay in our rooms. I don't know anything about the one who lives across the hall, and the other girl is nice but barely ever here. Anyways, they're moving out this weekend and my best friend is moving in and it's going to be fantastic.) I don't think my dog would poop in my room anyways, because that's where she lives. In previous houses she would always pick one spot in the house in a room no one uses and poop there. (She only pooped in the house when I left her, to show me that she was mad about me leaving her. And it worked because now I take her practically everywhere with me.) Plus, the only place she'd be able to poop in my room without me seeing it would be under the bed, but my dog has a very distinctive poop-smell. I could legitimately smell it when I walk in the door, its... unique... But back to the little dog- my dog does not like to ever be more than 3-5 feet away from me. Much closer if she can. When I walk, she trots along at my feet, and touches me with her nose every few seconds. Its like she's reminding me that she's there. (Right now she is laying on my bed staring at me suspiciously.) She even follows me into the bathroom. The point is, there is no way she could be pooping and I wouldn't know about it. So I have to believe that she's just not pooping. Nothing about this seems like a good thing. I know she's eating. (She won't eat or chew bones unless I'm there with her, in the room. I tried giving her a bone then leaving, and she didn't touch it until I came back.) But then... nothing. Okay so maybe she's constipated. No idea what to do about that. I'm going to take her out again in a few minutes and walk her around with hopes of working up a good poop. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment