Saturday, September 24, 2011

I believe in Magick.

Autumn is where my heart belongs, where it can be tempered by the early snows of winter and bound to the beauty of fallen, dead leaves. The air has a bite and the wind a fierce howl, driving you to the comforts that are so often left by the wayside: the hot cups of coffee, tea, and cider, the warm bowls of oats, and the sublime feeling of being wrapped in a blanket in front of a roaring fire, a book firmly grasped in hand. Yes, this is the season for me, where my soul is content, where I belong.

Today we celebrated Mabon, the second of the three harvest festivals. Today we give thanks. I have so very much to be thankful for. In the last turn of the wheel I have gained so much more than I have lost. I have gained a soulmate, my best friend, who I have bonded with in ways that cannot be torn apart. I have gained a family. A beautiful, wonderful family of a mother, father, and baby who have opened their hearts and home to me. I have gained a teacher, who is holding my hand and guiding me along the pathway to become who I believe myself to truly be. I have gained a home where I am safe and comfortable. I have gained a landlord that I actually like. I have gained a job that I love going to every day, and that pays me enough to pay my own bills and rent. 

Today, I participated in my first ritual. I was invited into a Magick circle and helped to complete a ritual of thanks and honoring the deities who helped to bring me the things that I have. Words will never be able to explain the feeling you get, surrounded by people you love with all your heart, calling to the four corners, your blood tingling as peace sweeps through your body. I was granted another very special gift, a rainbow appeared for us, which I have always taken as a sign that my Aunt is smiling on me, since she passed two years ago, and called me her rainbow girl. 

As the leaves begin to change, I am working to embrace the changes going on within me, as well as around me. The new year is coming up soon, and the next turn of the wheel will undoubtedly be a life-changing one, and with the crisp cool air comes promises untold. I am excited to see what comes, but I'm enjoying the anticipation. 


Merry meet
Merry part
Merry meet again.

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I thought I posted a comment and it wasn't here, so it may post twice (sorry about that in advance).

    This was a beautiful account of your first ritual experience and I thank you for sharing it with me. I also see your love for the season coming through in your choice of words. I look forward to celebrating the turning of the wheel with you!
    Bright Blessings,
    E

    ReplyDelete