Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ranting and Rambling

My roommates will not wash their dishes. I do not know why. It's quite simple actually. But for some reason, people in this house can't figure it out. We even have a dishwasher! But since Christmas, its only been two times that someone other than me ran and unloaded it. And as we're now seeing, rather than unload the dishwasher, everyone else just throws their dishes in the sink. And they sit there... and sit there... and sit there. If I use dishes and I don't want to (or in this case downright refuse to) unload the dishwasher (which honestly I only put maybe 15% of my dishes in the dishwasher, and hand wash the rest as I use it) ...which is my point, I don't put dishes in the sink, I just wash the bowl and fork I used and put them away. It takes maybe... 45 seconds. And it is beyond my comprehension that the other "adults" in this house can't and won't do this. The sink is UNUSABLE because it is full of dishes. And I don't think this is fair since all 4 of us should have the right to be able to use the kitchen to cook or even fill a water bottle. The floor is disgusting, the counter tops are filthy, but its the dishes that bother me the most. Just the dishes. Just clean up after yourself. So I just don't use the kitchen. I use my microwave, and have to wash my dishes in the bathroom since the kitchen sink is FULL OF DISHES. And since I don't use the kitchen, I refuse to clean it. You're supposed to be a "grown up" now, so GROW UP and CLEAN UP. You're disgusting. And selfish. And rude. 


In other news, I have met a boy. And I am especially fond of him. He makes me smile and though he doesn't really express himself verbally, actions speak louder than words. I'm trying to take things slow and be calm and just let things happen on their own, and it feels really good, and I'm looking forward to the ride. I have reason to believe he'll be around for a while. Which is the way I want it. 


Having taken a semester off of school and then coming back this semester is draining me. And making me worry about the potential year off I'll be forced to take after this semester while I wait to turn 24 so I can apply for some financial aid without being considered a dependent of my parents. My dad has already paid for way too many years of college and its not fair of me to ask for him to pay for two more and what while most likely be a really freaking expensive private school since that's what my options are while living in Lynchburg, which I will be doing after my lease here in Radford Hell ends in August. (My options are Lynchburg College, Sweet Briar, or Randolph College, and I'm pretty sure all of them have tuition rates of over 20 grand... oy.) Anyways, having gone from last semester being just working two days a week, to taking 4 classes which is considered full time, and still working two days a week, and longer days at that! It's been a huge adjustment, and I've been sick with a really sucky sinus infection (which i conveniently gave to the baby that I watch so now he's sick too, and pitifully miserable, poor thing...) and missed some classes. Luckily I didn't miss many and didn't fall behind any from missing them (expect in painting, but the paintings aren't due until midterms so I have enough time to catch up if I put in a few Fridays when class doesn't meet) but I still feel so worn out, and hate having to constantly take cold medicines.

On that note, I'm settling in to be on my way to bed here shortly, so goodnight.