Wednesday, November 21, 2012

BElieve THEre is GOOD in the world.

Today is the first day I don't want to go to my new job. I like my job, working in a call center for a catalog. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do, but I have had mostly really good interactions with the customers. And I like the people I work with, at least all the ones who matter. There is one guy who reminds me very strongly of someone I don't like, and therefore I cannot stand, even though he is a relatively nice guy (I think he's faking it). Anyways, yesterday and today I'm not actually working, I'm in customer service training. And frankly, yesterday sucked. I really like the woman who was teaching us, but she is a very to the point person, and even though she told us that they understand that the first week we were on the floor we weren't fully trained and that everything we've done before our customer service training is forgiven (and that we had better step up and do well once we're done), and even though I realize they could not have taught us all this on top of the stuff they taught us in our first week of training without our heads exploding, it still sucks to hear stuff you know you were doing wrong. I'm trying not to dwell on it because nothing I've done is a big deal, but it still made a nice little stress ball appear in my stomach that didn't go away until after work when I came home and had a nice bowl of potato soup (progresso, 4 pts on weight watchers).

Oh, yea, I'm doing weight watchers. In the meetings, with my boyfriend's mom. And I have been pleasantly surprised by the fact that I've lost weight both weeks we've done it, especially when I was sure I wasn't going have lost any. It honestly doesn't feel like a diet, I really do pretty much eat what I want, its all about portions and budget. I've lost 4 lbs.

Anyways, really don't want to go to work. I don't feel very good at all. Boyfriend is getting sick, and girl I babysit is sick, and I feel like I'm getting it too. I don't want to call out though, for multiple reasons. One, I don't want to call out today because I don't feel good and then feel way worse later and need the day off more. Two, I'm seasonally employed and I'm trying to get hired on part time after Christmas, and missing days won't work in my favor. Three, I don't want to miss out on the information and training they're doing today. So I'm gonna go. It's only a 5 hr shift, so I'm gonna try to tough it out. Plus, I feel like going and getting sent home is way better than not going, if worse comes to worst. I'm also considering the possibility that my bad mood when I left work yesterday is playing tricks on me and making me think I'm sick when I'm not. Oh, and its shark week. 

After work today, and after boyfriend gets off work, we're going to my parents house, for thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm happy. I've been with my boyfriend since January, so its been really great having all of our first holidays together. Then Friday I work, and Saturday we're going to watch the HOKIES stop the HOOS. Then we're going to get a christmas tree!!! (: I love christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment