Friday, February 8, 2013

“Maybe I've moved to the dark side, but it's clean and nice and we never run out of toilet paper.” ― Jen Lancaster, Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development; Or, Why It's Never Too Late for Her Dumb Ass to Learn Why Froot Loops Are Not for Dinner

[I think I'm gonna have to read that book...] speaking of books, I'm going to take a page out of my best friend's book (or blog rather) and use her form of abbreviations, and so I will be referring to my boyfriend as MR, since he's my mister. (:

Now for the big news! I have been accepted at a great school to study a great program, I'll get my bachelor's degree, and in a field where I will pretty much automatically have a great job making great money. I'm thrilled. MR is thrilled. MR's family is thrilled. My parents.... well, I think it's just all happening kind of fast for them and they haven't wrapped their heads around it yet because they don't feel like they have any/all of the information. But I'm going to visit them this weekend, so I can answer their 4.6 billion questions. Yay. 

Anyways, this lead to a discussion between MR and I about a particular moment that he and I have both experienced in the past year or so. We see this as a "growing up" moment. It happened for him when he was able to quit his job for a better job, a career job and not a temporary job. This moment for me was accepting this program, this degree, this career path. It's gonna be a lot of hard work, but it's such a golden opportunity that I've embraced it with both hands and jumped into the deep end with both feet, and when we talk about it's something I AM doing not something I COULD do or and GOING to do. And it has really made me much more optimistic about where my life is headed. I'm excited, and honestly- scared out of my mind. But I most definitely cannot allow this opportunity to pass me by just because I am scared. 

Until school starts in the fall, I'm going to be waiting tables and counting down the weeks until the vacation MR and I have planned!! Sooooo excited.   

No comments:

Post a Comment